Giant Invitations has brought to life a magical lavender meets boho shoot located at the stunning lavender fields at Sault, Daylesford. The aim behind the shoot was to create something that’s never been seen before – in turn inspiring future couples to break the boundaries of what’s considered contemporary and conventional when it comes to their own special day.
When the creative team started planning this boho-inspired feature, they actually envisioned dark and moody plum and cherry red shades but allowed it to organically transform into a romantically feminine and soft work of art. The team want you to go into your wedding planning with a vision, but no clear-cut expectations. Let it be a reflection of you and your partner.
As you’ll find with your own day, you’ll start off with an idea but you will witness it beautifully turn into something beyond your wildest expectations and so different, in a good way, to how you originally wanted it to be. Let things take a life of its own and surprise you. There isn’t a set-in-stone way to do things when it comes to weddings, not anymore anyway.
Here are their top tips when it comes to styling a Lavender Meets Boho wedding!
* Picking the location first will help you to decide upon how you will style it and your wedding theme that will complement the venue and surroundings
* Choose your main colour first then decide on what other colours/shades will suit it best without overpowering it
* Don’t be afraid to blend antique aspects with modern – for example in our shoot we used a traditional wooden table and decorated it with chic and contemporary lavender and metallic gold table and centerpieces.
* On the same note, don’t shy away from blending different themes! Our outdoor setting that was beautifully styled with Moroccan-influenced rugs, ottomans, and cushions
* Consider an intimate and relaxed outdoor celebration, letting nature play a big part in setting the atmosphere
* For your blooms, trust your florist! We went to ours with a brief that mentioned leafy greens, soft pink roses, and lavender sprigs and let them run wild with a free-flowing arrangement.
* Dare to be different – we carefully sourced out stunning geodes and gems and also made our own DIY cow skull that stole the show!
* Keep the wedding theme consistent even across to your desserts – we specifically requested berries as the rich plum and red was still in line with the colour theme, whilst adding a sharp contrast to the palette
* Don’t underestimate the power of lighting to make a drastic difference to your wedding décor – we utilised the natural outdoor lighting during the day and as the sun began to set, we tied glass candle holders to a thick rope and had it draped on the surrounding trees.
* When it comes to announcing the big day to your guests, you’re spoilt for choice as we offer invites that are elaborately detailed and laser cut or modern with luxe foiling, it all depends on the look you and your partner are going for!
* For a Spring or Summertime wedding, keep it natural and dewy with soft eye makeup, glowing highlighter and a nude lip. For the hair, keep it loose and wavy
* Now, perhaps one of the most important aspects, the wedding dress! Pick something that you will feel beautiful and comfortable in, as soon as you find the right dress, you’ll just know!
THE DREAM TEAM
Styling: Giant Invitations | Dresses: Raffaele Ciuca | Headpiece and Jewellery: Loveon Jewellery | Photography: Sephory Photography | Invitation Design: Bwedding Invitations | Flowers: Babylon Flowers | Catering: Mary Eats Cake
Sydney Road Bridal team, collaborating ideas for the styled shoot